FileMaker Releases Enhanced Unified Platform for Creating Custom Apps. Additional features help business teams quickly design and deliver custom apps.
SANTA CLARA, Calif. – May 9, 2017 – Today FileMaker, Inc. announced the release of the FileMaker 16 Platform, the latest version of its highly successful custom app platform.
The FileMaker Platform includes everything needed to create, share, and run custom apps for business teams. This simplifies and accelerates the design and delivery of custom apps for mobile, cloud and on-premises deployments.
The FileMaker 16 Platform packs powerful, sophisticated new features that help teams solve business problems quickly and easily.
Learn more about the FileMaker 16 Platform: lien vers notre page FileMaker
Download a free trial: lien vers le free triam
- Mobility: The addition of animations and transitions with scripts provide visual cues to help orient users as they navigate through their custom apps on the FileMaker Go app. Enhanced signature capture for the FileMaker Go app allows users to sign documents on iPad and iPhone just as they would on a paper form.
- Integration: Easily exchange data with other web services and applications using enhanced cURL options and predefined JSON functions in FileMaker Pro.
- Development: The new Layout Objects window provides a hierarchical list of all objects in a layout. This makes it easy to make changes to an object without having to ungroup the entire set of objects.
- Scalability: Custom apps accessed via FileMaker WebDirect now can be used by up to 500 users simultaneously, making it easier to share data with an entire team.
- Security: Simplified credential management with OAuth 2.0 using third-party authentication providers improves security and safety of custom apps. Existing Amazon, Google or Microsoft Azure account credentials now can be used to log into FileMaker-based custom apps.
Ann Monroe, vice president of worldwide marketing, FileMaker, Inc., said: “Today’s leaders empower their teams with the tools they need to quickly adapt as their needs change. The FileMaker 16 Platform builds on our track record of success, providing customers with the latest features, enabling them to create great apps that work across iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac and the web.”
Don Kenchel, founder, Lefthand Thinking, said:
“Being able to integrate with Tableau through FileMaker 16 has really opened doors for us to expand our application development in the medical and real estate industries. FileMaker provides us with a way to easily and quickly put together custom apps to fit our client’s unique needs with little maintenance required. In fact, it’s allowed us to eliminate some very costly outside vendors and instead use FileMaker to meet more of their needs. With apps created specifically for iPad devices, my clients are able to cut the cord, and are seeing increased efficiency by being able to do more work from the field.”
Claus Lavendt, founder, DataManix, said:
“Location monitoring is one of my favorites features, as we are now able to provide smart apps that react to the surroundings. Now you can perform an action when a mobile device, such as an iPad, detects a nearby, predefined iBeacon. Or, automatically pull up location-based information when entering a predefined geofence. This feature will help the user focus even more on their tasks.”
About FileMaker, Inc.
FileMaker, Inc., an Apple subsidiary, delivers simply powerful software for easily creating custom apps that work seamlessly across iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac, and the web. Business teams use the FileMaker Platform to streamline their operational processes, boosting overall productivity.
© 2017 FileMaker, Inc. All rights reserved. FileMaker, FileMaker Go and the file folder logo are registered trademarks of FileMaker, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. FileMaker WebDirect and FileMaker Cloud are trademarks of FileMaker, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Prices are listed in U.S. Dollars and subject to change without notice.